• PAPER AND POSTER PROPOSALS
Main Theme : Read = Life: Reading in the Digital Age
Reading equals life because life grows from reading. In this digital world, we read in all kinds of platforms; be it digital or concrete modes. It seems in this digital world, reading has a new meaning and life has a new approach.
Topics maybe relevant to the following suggestions:
1. Reading as human life source
2. A ‘Healthy Reading’
3. Children’s literature and society
4. Security and insecurity in Children’s books
5. Children’s books and social meanings
6. Children’s Literature as a social learning experience
7. Cultural studies in Children’s Literature
8. Children’s Literature as education
9. Methods of reading and analyzing the world
10. Reading as a way of thinking
11. Multiculturalism in Children’s Literature
12. Aesthetic approaches to children’s literature
13. Home literacy and formal reading instruction
14. History and development of Children’s Literature in Thai / Foreign countries
15. The local children’s books and the global children’s books
16. Technology and Children’s Books / Technology and children life
17. Private and Public realms in reading books and watching new media
18. Technology in children learning / Children learning about technology
19. Information and communication technologies for children
20. Children perception of the modern world
21. Adult model in children’s media
22. Cautiously critical reading in the digital world
23. Designing modern books and media for children
24. Virtual reality and existing world
25. New readings of children’s literature
26. Re-imaginings of myth, fairy tale, and other traditional stories
Abstracts for each proposed paper should be 250-300 words. A 50-word biography of presenters must accompany each abstract. The deadline for abstract submissions is midnight 28 February 2017 with notification of acceptance before 5 March 2017. Full paper submission is 15 March 2017.
Send your Abstract Proposal to the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com. Please write “Abstract Proposal” in your subject heading.
Paper template download here
⚑ Full text paper should be submitted in a Word or PDF file by 15 March 2017.
⚑ Papers should be 3-12 pages long (minimum 2,000 words), images may be included.
⚑ Papers must include title, an abstract and the speaker’s name, address, telephone number, professional affiliation, email address and short biographical note (40 words).
⚑ The length of oral presentations of papers will be 15 minutes.
⚑ All papers that are presented at the 3rd Asia Oceania Regional IBBY Congress will be made available online via http://ibbyaoric2017.tkpark.or.th.
⚑ Abstracts will be published on the congress booklet.
For Poster Proposal, it can be a presentation of research or practical suggestions for educators, librarians, and book activists. To submit your Poster Proposal, please provide a 250-300 words abstract of your poster, with a 50-word biography of the poster presenter. Easels will be provided for posters and additional information about poster size will be provided with the acceptance letters. The submission deadline and notification of acceptance are the same as the abstracts.
Send your Abstract and Poster Proposal to the Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Poster Proposal” in your subject heading.
* Call for papers has ended!
Abstract Submission : November 1, 2016 -
January 31, 2017 February 28, 2017
Notification of Abstract Acceptance :
February 15, 2017 March 5, 2017
Full Paper Submission : March 15, 2017
Notification of Full Paper Acceptance : March 31, 2017
To discuss any matter relating to this Call for Papers, please email email@example.com
Network of people from all over the world who are committed to bringing books and children together.
Innovative learning space with the mission to promote love of reading and learning to Thai children and youth.